|Clase de oferta||Vela|
|Material del casco||Fibra de vidrio|
|Ubicación de la embarcación||Annapolis, Maryland, Estados Unidos|
|Eslora total||12.7 m|
|Eslora en la línea de flotación||10.59 m|
|Calado máximo||1.75 m|
|Tipo de quilla||enums.keel-type.kt-bulb|
|Superficie vélica||953 uom.sqft|
|Distancia máxima del puente||19.51 m|
|Tipo de motor||Interior|
|Modelo del Motor||D2-40|
|Tipo de transmisión||Sail Drive|
|Tipo de Propulsor||3 Cuchilla|
|Materiale de propulsor||Bronce|
|Horas de motor||870|
|Tanques combustible||1 x 55 gal (Plástico)|
|Tanques agua dulce||2 x 55 gal (Plástico)|
|Tanques de reserva||1 x 20 gal (Plástico)|
Bavaria Yachts builds two series of sailing yachts at their factory in Germany. The original series is called the Cruiser which they have been producing for many years.
The Vision series was launched in 2006 with three models. Visions have a raised deck salon profile. When introduced Bavaria indicated that they were aimed at cruising couples and live-a-boards. Visions were built to a higher standard than the Cruisers in terms of rig, ballast, deck equipment and amenities above and below. The original series was built with taller rigs and more ballast with all lead keels for better sailing performance. All three Vision models had ballast ratios of 35%. On deck much of the standard hardware was upsized compared to Cruisers including additional winches, a beefier windlass. All have twin wheels. The Vision models did not use hulls from any of the Cruiser series but were laid up in their own molds.
Down below the raised deck salon provides more space, headroom, light with extra ports and hatches and storage capacity.
The Bavaria Vision 40 serves up a queen berth forward with two lockers on either side of the cabin and two large drawers under.
Aft of the main bulkhead, there is a large dining table to port. To starboard there is a practical settee easily used with the table extension.
Aft of the settee is a forward facing nav station with a fiddled desktop, room below for paper charts, and ample space for the electronics.
At the foot of the companionway, there is a head with shower to starboard and a quite workable galley to port.
Farther aft are double cabins, each with hanging lockers and thick, comfortable mattresses, and opening ports into the cockpit and two overhead hatches.
Galley and Salon
In the galley / salon, cabin-top hatches are covered by shades to help cut heat from the sun and blinds over the deck-saloon ports are recessed behind plywood trim that runs the length of the cabin. Handholds are ample throughout. The interior wood is mahogany.
- (2) burner stove wth oven
- Top load refrigerator
- Isotherm front load freezer - new 2013
- Stainless steel double sink
- Samsung TV with antenna - new 2016
- Pioneer Stereo with DVD player
- Speakers are in the cabin and the cockpit
- Cruisair 16000 BTU air conditioning with r/c heat
- Selection of galleyware
- 6'4" headroom
- Pleather cushions - new 2013
- 10 LED lighting pucks
- Holding Tank - replaced 2016
Navigation and Electronics
- Twin wheels
- Emergency tiller
- Raymarine ST60 speed/depth/wind
- Raymarine C80 chartplotter
- Raymarine Radar
- AIS added - new 2011
- Raymarine Autohelm 6002 (below deck with Lewmar drive)
- Standard Horizon VHF radio with DSC Alert
- LED Nav lights
- Misc. Charts, chart books, cruising guides
- 2000 gph bilge pump - replaced 2016
Sails and Rigging
The Bavaria Vision 40 tacks easily through 100 degrees and sails along at better than 6 knots in about 9 knots of true wind on average as witnessed in her debut. She typically sails nice and balanced. On a reach, this boat just digs in and easily sails straight.
- Selden mast/boom/vang/Furlex furler
- Elvstrom in mast furling main
- Elvstrom furling genoa (140%)
- Elvstrom dacron of sails
- (2) ST 48 and (4) ST 40 Lewmar winches
- Lewmar H2 electric windlass
- Rocna 25 kg (55 lb) with 165' chain and 150' nylon rode
- Fortress with chain / nylon rode
Engine and Electrical
The Bavaria Vision 40 , powered by its 40-horsepower Volvo diesel with saildrive accelerates quickly to nearly 8 knots at 2,600 rpms and backs down well.
- Volvo-Penta D2-40 with Saildrive
- Engine has only 870 Hours
- Gori 3 blade folding prop with line cutter
- Expanded house battery bank - 675 aH with monitor
- Separate engine battery
- Balmar Duocharge 100 amp charge controller
- Xantrex battery monitor
- Quick 40 amp battery charger
- Galvanic isolator
- 3 X 50 ' power cords (30 A)
Hull and Deck
On deck, the Bavaria Vision 40 cockpit boasts adequate coamings for the aft cockpit with steps that provide a decent foothold. Stainless-steel grab rails are found on either side of the cabin top, and with chainplates located inboard, wide side decks make for a worry-free trip forward while under way.
- 7 opening hatches
- 2 solar vents added - 2012
- Hatch and winch covers
- Deck washdown system
- Cockpit sole, seat surfaces, and combing tops are teak
- Teak swim platform with ladder and shower
- Dodger/bimini/connector with side/aft curtains/sun shades
- (2) Sport Seats
- Stainless steel lifelines replaced - 2014
Safety and Other Equipment
- Achilles 8' inflatable hypalon dinghy
- Merc 3.3 outboard motor
- Ditch bag, jack lines
- Life Sling
- Flag stick
- Selection of PFD’s
- Flares, horn, fire extinguishers
- Magma grill
- Winter cover
- Selection of spare parts
- 140' Chain Anchor Rhode
- 150' Nylon Anchor Rhode (not connected to chain)
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.