|Estado del barco||Usado|
|Clase de oferta||Motor|
|Categoría||Yate a motor|
|Material del casco||Acero|
|Ubicación de la embarcación||North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada|
|Eslora total||48.77 m|
|Calado máximo||3.48 m|
|Modelo del Motor||3508|
|Modelo del Motor||3508|
|Astillero||Versatile Pacific Inc|
Research/Scientific Vessel. A must see to appreciate!
This vessel was a Canadian Coast Guard mid-shore scientific research and survey vessel, based at Dartmouth, Nova Scotia, that entered service in 1990. The ship operated within the Canadian Coast Guard Maritimes region. Vessel was primarily used to carry out hydrographic survey work primarily to produce nautical charting products on the East and West Coasts but could also be used for stock assessment using sonar.
The Vessel is of steel construction and is 50.3 metres (165.0 ft) long with a beam of 10.5 metres (34.4 ft) and a draught of 4.3 metres (14.1 ft). The ship has 856.8 gross tonnage (GT) and a 228-net to tonnage (NT). The ship is powered by two Caterpillar 3508 geared diesel engines rated at 1,350 kW (1,810 hp) driving two controllable pitch propellers and a bow thruster. This gives the ship a maximum speed of 12 knots (22 km/h; 14 mph). The ship has a fuel capacity of 119 m3 (26,000 imp gal) giving the ship a range of 4,000 nautical miles (7,400 km; 4,600 mi) at 12 knots and an endurance of 20 days. The ship is also equipped with two Caterpillar 3406 generators and one Caterpillar 3406 emergency generator.
This Vessel is equipped with one HIAB seacrane capable of lifting 3.4 t (3.3 long tons; 3.7 short tons). The ship has two laboratories both 10 m2 (110 sq ft); one for hydrographic purposes and one for combined hydrographic/drafting purposes. The research vessel is equipped with Sperry Marine Bridgemaster II navigational radar operating on the X-band. The ship has a complement of 14, with 6 officers and 8 crew. Vessel also has six additional berths.
During 2005 the vessel was equipped with an advanced, multi-beam echo-sounder. The transducers for this equipment are housed in a centerline pod which extends 1.0 m (3.3 ft) below the keel. Suggested alterations to sonar were met with a lack of enthusiasm. Nonetheless, subsequent missions were able to be conducted with only minor delays, none of which were related to the new sonars.
As a part of Canada's Economic Action Plan in 2009–2010, Vessel underwent a refit in Quebec City costing over $105,000, involving systems replacement, crane replacement, and reliability improvements. In May 2011 Vessel received a short refit. Vessel has minimal ice strengthening in its forward hull, and no strengthening of its rudders, shafting and propellers for operation in ice-covered waters.
Vessel was recently dry docked and re certificated by Lloyd's registry. A full list of reports and work completed is available to support this. Vessel was also painted
- Accommodations are located on three decks (Forecastle, Main and Lower)
- Five (5) Single berths on Forecastle Deck
- Also included on the Forecastle Deck is Ship's Office, Dispensary, Bond Locker and Electrical Room on Forecastle Deck
- The main deck provides One (1) Single person cabin and Five (5) Double Person Cabins.
- In addition there are space for Conference Room, Change Room, Hydrographic Drafting Room, Laundry Room and a Linen Store also on Main Deck
- The lower desk provides accommodations for four (4) cabins each accommodating two (two) persons.
- Twin Caterpillar 3508 diesel engines built 1990
- 1800 hp
- 8 cylinders
- fuel capacity: 26176 gallons
- 12 knots
- Reintjes LAF 760p
- Gear Ratio: 4.625:1
- Steering: Svendborg type hydraulic twin rudder
- Bow Thrusters
Navigational & Electrical
- Two (2) Bridge Master Radars
- Skanti - VHF 3000 Hand Set
- Two (2) Nav Com 2001 Auto Pilots
- Model 207 Furuno D Fax
- Anschutz Gyro Steering Compass
- Recording Barometer
- Zetron Model 5 Encoder
- Nera Saturn B
- Distress Saturn B Nera
- Saturn B Message Indicator Nera
- Nera One Hand Radio Set
- Vivera HP Printer / Brother Fax Machine
- Skanti DSC 3000 VHF DSC Controller Receiver
- 2 Gyro Repeaters
- Nav Link
- Anchor windlass
- 3 Anchors Stockless 1155 KG (one spare)
- 2 Anchor Chain Stoppers
- 4 Twin Bollards
- 2 Roller Fairleads
- 2 Pedestal Rollers
- Mooring Arrangement includes mooring lines which are mostly Samson Braid type. Vessel is fitted with an assortment of bollards, cheats and roller fairleads. On the aft raised deck sets the hydraulic capstan.
- A-Frame: Vessel is equipped with a luffing A_Frame on the aft raised deck
- Wheelhouse top and Helicopter Deck: Outfitted with port and starboard boat cranes. Hydraulic single arm davit just aft of the bridge on the starboard side.
- Co2 Engine Room System
- Dry Chemical Extinguishers and CO2 Fire Extinguishers
- Portable CO2 and Dry Chemical Extinguishers and a foam Station on the Helicopter Deck
- FM 200 Smothering Systems for key areas such as the Engine Room, Paint Loc
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.