Manufacturer Provided Description
Over and above the Flyers' recognised qualities - seaworthiness, safety, practicality - the Flyer 12 shows our capacity to innovate and to keep improving performance and comfort underway. Performance with a new hull and a revolutionary propulsion system giving increased speed, range and manoeuvrability. Comfort with the possibility of reconfiguring a part of the accommodation according to use when underway, and when added to this are elegant lines as well as luxurious and sophisticated accommodation. We can be sure that this boat is already a benchmark for the most demanding owners.
- The self-draining cockpit can be personalised by different fittings: sunbathing bench seat, grill, icemaker etc.
- 3 lockers with gas struts provide 2 stowage lockers and the engine access hatch.
- The transom (teak available as an option) disguises an access hatch to the liferaft stowage (dimensions: 96 cm wide, 46 cm high and 40 cm deep).
- Gate to port with safety flaps and strengthened hinges allows easy access to the cockpit from the bathing platform.
- Cockpit shower with hot and cold pressurised water.
- 15-switch 12V and electrical panel in the companionway.
- 110V shore supply.
- TV sockets to saloon and fore-cabin.
- 2 x 12V 140Amp. engine batteries and 6 x 12V 50Amp service batteries.
- 40Amp/h battery charger.
- 2 fuel gauges and an engine hour meter.
- 1000W electric windlass.
- Navigation and anchor lights.
- The galley is unobtrusively positioned in the living area. It has several practical features:
- Wooden work surface.
- Two-burner ceramic hob.
- Built-in microwave with multi-function grill.
- Cutlery drawer and under-sink stowage lockers.
- 2 stainless steel rectangular sinks, mixer tap with hot and cold pressurised water.
- 80L front-opening electric refrigerator.
- Easily accessible waste bin.
- Bottle and spice rack.
- The engines have been chosen according to BENETEAU specifications (reliability, low vibration, reduced smoke emission, compactness).
- The whole boat and the hull in particular have been designed in close collaboration with Volvo to improve handling and performance.
- The Flyer 12 can be powered by 2 x 370 HP engines with classic shaft drive or with the IPS Volvo (IPS 500 propulsion system).
- 4-blade double counter-rotating propellers (with IPS).
- Engine room insulated with high-density foam.
- Fire extinguishing system activated from the wheelhouse.
- 1200 litre fuel capacity in 2 aluminium 600L tanks.
- Fuel filter with sediment reservoir.
- Seawater strainer.
- Fresh air intakes in hull sides for engine room bilge cooling.
- Forced hot air evacuation (electric fans).
- Engine compartment lighting by means of fluorescent tubes.
- The hull is laminated single-skin GRP construction for the topsides, whilst the underwater section is constructed in polyester balsa sandwich to reinforce the structure.
- The structural inner moulding ensures better insulation (thermal and sound) and an improved finish to the accommodation.
- The hull has white Gelcoat.
- The Flyer 12 has an evolutionary V-shaped hull with a stiff tulip bow for easy passage through the sea and good spray deflection. It also benefits from the work on hydrodynamics by the Beneteau Research and Development department, allowing improved performance and comfort under-way.
- The deck is balsa sandwich construction (fibreglass /balsa/polyester resin) for maximum strength-to-weight ratio as well as improved thermal and sound insulation. An inner deck moulding reinforces the structure and completes the finish.
- The deck is totally covered with non-slip Gelcoat for complete safety when moving around the boat. The deck is fitted with:
- Stainless steel stemhead fitting designed for stowage of a 20kg anchor.
- 1000W vertical electric windlass, controlled from the windlass itself and the wheelhouse.
- An anchor well with wide access to protect all the anchoring and mooring gear is fitted with two covers opening respectively into two self-draining compartments.
- Two concealed hatches in the wide side decks give access to the water and diesel tank fillers.
- Saltwater washing pump under the port hatch.
- 6 x 300 mm stainless steel mooring cleats with stainless steel protection to the bulwarks to prevent wear.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.