|Tipo||Bermuda 40 MK III Sloop|
|Estado del barco||Usado|
|Clase de oferta||Vela|
|Material del casco||Fibra de vidrio|
|Ubicación de la embarcación||Camden, Maine, Estados Unidos|
|Eslora total||12.42 m|
|Eslora en la línea de flotación||8.79 m|
|Calado máximo||2.82 m|
|Calado mín.||1.45 m|
|Distancia máxima del puente||16.31 m|
|Tipo de motor||Interior|
|Modelo del Motor||2013 50 FWC|
|Tipo de transmisión||Transmisión directa|
|Localización del motor||enums.engine-location.center|
|Tipo de Propulsor||3 Cuchilla|
|Horas de motor||331|
|Tanques combustible||48 gal|
|Tanques agua dulce||110 gal (Acero Inoxidable)|
|Tanques de reserva||10 gal|
This classic Hinckley stowaway sloop rigged sailing yacht with stunning Jade Mist Green topsides and gleaming Mahogany & Teak brightwork was repowered in 2013 with only 331 hours. Lovingly cared for in top condition with many recent upgrades, she features a heavier centerboard keel with her main mast moved slightly aft with a shortened boom resulting in a mainsail with a higher aspect ratio and larger fore triangle. Hinckley Yacht in Southwest Harbor, Maine completely surveyed and detailed the yacht in December 2017 at a cost of over $10,000. Yacht Tenders of Round Pond, Maine just completed a bottom job and an electronics lead plate replacement in July this year. The iconic Bermuda 40 MK III has set the standard as the best "Modern Classic" cruising sailboat. "Evensong" is aggressively priced to sell so don't hesitate to see her. Made in Maine by skilled boat artisans, they don't come any finer...
"The Bermuda 40 is a quintessential example of Tripp's art and masterful eye for near perfect balance. I think it can be safely said that this boat has stood the test of time, and, although the design is now 40 years old, many people, myself among them, still consider the Bermuda 40 one of the most beautiful yachts afloat." Jack Horner for Boat U.S. Boat Review.
Accommodations and Walkthrough
The Interior finish is varnished mahogany with varnished teak and holly sole with built-in dust pan and grate.
- Sleeps 5
- Hull sides are sheathed with solid mahogany.
- Varnished mahogany handrails
- (2) Opening overhead hatches with screens (main cabin and forward cabin)
- Curtains throughout
- Forest Green corduroy covered cushions
- Cedar lined hanging lockers
- Interior handrails
- Tide clock and Boston 8-day ships bell clock with keys
- Boston barometer
Entering from the Cockpit, the Cockpit Companionway steps include a locker at the top step. Main cabin incorporates the Galley, Nav Station, and full-width Main Salon, separated by half bulkheads. Forward are the Head and Forward Stateroom.
NAVIGATION STATION (Aft Starboard):
The aft-facing, full sit-down navigation station is surrounded with electronics and the electrical distribution master switch panel. There is chart storage inside the nav table with additional storage under the seat. Electrical distribution panel is outboard. (2) Dome lights and a flexible chart light. Teak binocular box. Manual book case storage.
Salon is located Amidship. Full-width area with Dinette to port and Entertainment center to starboard. Dinette has a large mahogany table that can drop down to form a double berth. The drop leaf table will seat six. There is shelf storage outboard.
Starboard Settee/transom pull-out berth with storage under and in the seat back. Entertainment center and bookshelves are over outboard. Hanging locker is forward starboard. Liquor locker is accessed through a door at the forward end of the entertainment center area.
- Two (2) port and starboard built-in speakers.
- 12-volt bulkhead lighting.
- Night lights
Opening translucent overhead hatch with screen w/ 3 drawers under each berth. Shelves are mounted over each pilot berth and on the forward bulkhead. A large hanging locker is opposite the Head.
- (2) pilot and (2) pull-out transom berths
Galley is located Aft to Port. The L-shaped Galley is opposite the Nav Station with counter work space and stowage.
- White Formica countertop
- New double stainless steel sink with fixtures - with pressure hot and cold water
- Shipmate gimbaled 3-burner LP gas stove with oven and electric solenoid shut-off switch
- Self-stowing stove cover adds to counter space
- 2015 Seafrost refrigeration/freezer runs off batteries
- Ice Box with 8 cubic foot capacity
- Storage lockers
- Dish and utensil storage is aft and outboard
- Engine access is through a large door under the sink
- Easy oil stick under galley stairs
MASTER STATEROOM (Forward)
- V-berth with triangle insert to create a double berth
- Bookshelves above the berths and storage underneath
- Seat between the berths with storage below
- Hanging locker to starboard opposite a four-drawer dresser
- Storage locker and shelf
- Night lights
- Solid mahogany entry door
- Double door access to the forepeak chain locker, space for two anchor lines
- Opening hatch to the foredeck that provides extra light and ventilation
HEAD (Forward Port)
The head is painted gloss white with a varnished teak trim and a teak grate for the sole.
- New stainless steel sink with fixtures
- Handheld shower.
- New Jabsco manual head - with small holding tank and diverter valve.
- Medicine cabinet
- Built In Clothes Hamper
- Linen locker
- Drawer storage
- Opening portlight with screen
Hull and Deck
- Jade Mist Green topsides
- White gelcoat deck and house with light tan molded in nonskid.
- White single boot stripe
- Green bottom paint
- Gold leaf cove, name and hail gold leaf decal
- Varnished exterior teak
- Solid hand laid fiberglass hull reinforced in all stress areas.
- Deck - Balsa core deck is set in molded 6 hull flange, fiber-glassed and bolted to form a permanent hull/deck joint.
- External lead keel - Fastened with stainless steel bolts.
- Bronze centerboard - Operated by a custom electric worm gear with switches in the cockpit; pull out, then toggle up or down.
- Teak guard rail - with stainless steel half-round.
- Lewco stainless electric windlass with in/out foot controls rebuilt 2016
- Stainless steel stem head with anchor roller
- Stainless steel bow and stern pulpits
- Stainless steel stanchions with double lifelines and gates.
- Stainless steel grab rails on cabin top.
- Varnished teak toe rails, trim, lazarette hatch covers, hatch trim and dorade boxes.
- Large, chromed double dorades in teak dorade box with storage between and dorade guard
- Large single chromed dorade forward
- Two white translucent hatches with screens
- 6,500 lb molded lead ballast keel secured to the hull with 1 inch SS bolts
Sails and Rigging
Hood electric stowaway mast; mast and boom are Awlgripped gray (2003) and have 1 x 19 stainless steel standing rigging to swagged terminals and rod lug tensioners.
- Harken furling headstay.
- Harken traveler
- Harken main sheet system.
- Extra jib halyard.
- (3) Flag halyards
- Schaefer double turning blocks
- Full spinnaker gear - and spinnaker pole (Awlgripped gray).
- Reaching strut (Awlgripped gray)
- (2) #32 ST Primaries Barient - cockpit
- (3) #23 ST Secondaries Barient
- (2) #3 Wire reel Barient Main and jib halyards
- (1) #23 Spinnaker halyard
- Stowaway Main Hathaway Dacron (2004)
- 135% Genoa Loomis/Pingree
- Cruising spinnaker - with snubber
The spacious Bermuda 40 cockpit has a bridge deck, two large seat lockers and a teak coaming with scuttles cut for access to the hollow winch bases. teak-covered cockpit coamings with winch pockets and a teak cockpit sole. There is storage in the opening watertight cockpit seats that include a sail locker. The traveler is located on the coach roof bridge to keep the main sheet clear of the cockpit.
- Dodger (2014)
- Bimini (2014)
- Varnished Hinckley folding 2-leaf cockpit table binnacle guard mounted.
- Green Sunbrella cockpit cushions
- White waterproof cushions
- Beverage holder binnacle guard mounted
- Varnished teak companionway boards
- Wheel pedestal steering includes:
- Stainless steel pedestal guard.
- Elkhide covered rim on Edson 28" stainless steel destroyer steering wheel.
- Pedestal mounted throttle controls.
- 6" spherical Compass counted in a SS binnacle top with cover
- View from Helm - 2017 Cockpit RPM, oil pressure, engine heat level gauge
- SS Emergency Tiller
Electronics and Navigation Equipment
- Raytheon E120 Cockpit bulkhead
- Wood Freeman 500 Autopilot
- Garmin GPS 541 at Nav Station
- Standard Horizon GX2360S VHF
- B&G Hercules 190 - Wind Speed, Wind Direction - readouts in Nav Station and Cockpit
- Raytheon Boat speed and Depth, separate (2014) - Cockpit
- Ritchie Compass Cockpit
- Cassette stereo system - with four (4) speakers.
Electronics and electrical bonding system to keel. Some wiring has been replaced.
12-volt DC system:
- Engine Start: (1) 12-volt battery is charged by 53-amp alternator
- House batteries are charged by an engine 105-amp alternator
110-volt AC shore power system: (Not wired at this time)
- Both a 50-amp and 30-amp shore power system - (not wired for shore connection)
- 40-30 Constavolt
- Electrical 12-volt/110-volt distribution circuit breaker panel with meters are located in Navigation Area
- 2013 Westerbeke 50 diesel 50-hp freshwater cooled engine; 331 hours
- Hurth 2:1 reduction gear transmission
- Engine bonded to the keel. The exhaust system has a water trap muffler at the engine which is connected to the transom outlet by a heavy duty exhaust hose.
- Racor fuel filter
- Stainless steel shaft
- 3-blade Maxi prop
- Engine room sound insulation and engine vibration mounts
- Automatic electric bilge pump (New)
- Manual bilge pump cockpit (New)
- Emergency tiller system
- Sump pump (New)
- Pressure hot & cold fresh water system (2014)
- Water heater (2014)
- Two stainless steel water tanks (New)
- Lewco stainless electric windlass with wildcat and chain gypsy - in/out foot controls
- CQR plow anchor with 180 ft x 3/8 chain
- Yachtsman anchor
- 300 ft. x 5/8" rode + 15 ft x 3/8 rode
- Dock lines
- Stainless steel/teak midships boarding ladder
- Flag staff and ensign
- Spreader lights and deck light (New)
- Horn - handheld
- Firdell Radar reflector - round
- Life jackets
- Life sling
- ACR RLB 20 Rescue Locator Beacon
- Throw cushions
- Fire extinguishers
- Varnished wooden shroud rollers
- Mast antenna
Engine hours are as of the date of the original listing and are a representation of what the listing broker is told by the owner and/or actual reading of the engine hour meters. The broker cannot guarantee the true hours. It is the responsibility of the purchaser and/or his agent to verify engine hours, warranties implied or otherwise and major overhauls as well as all other representations noted on the listing brochure.
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.