|Estado del barco||Nuevo|
|Clase de oferta||Vela|
|Material del casco||Fibra de vidrio|
|Ubicación de la embarcación||Newburyport, Massachusetts, Estados Unidos|
|Eslora total||12.65 m|
|Eslora en la cubierta||10.97 m|
|Calado máximo||1.52 m|
|Tipo de quilla||enums.keel-type.kt-full|
|Distancia máxima del puente||16.15 m|
|Tipo de motor||Interior|
|Modelo del Motor||3JH|
|Tipo de transmisión||Transmisión directa|
|Localización del motor||enums.engine-location.center|
|Tipo de Propulsor||3 Cuchilla|
|Materiale de propulsor||Bronce|
|Horas de motor||760|
|Tanques combustible||1 (Plástico)|
|Tanques agua dulce||3 x 160 gal (Plástico)|
NOW ASKING $200K
PRIVATEER - is new to the Market and is currently located at our marina in Newburyport, MA. Scheduled to Launch in June!
Cape George 36 -
PRIVATEER - is a boat designed and built to go to sea. She has been outfitted for that purpose. The prior owner (Peter Frost: see NWExpeditions.com) circled the globe over 5 years. The current owner just returned from 8 months and over 5000 miles traveling the Caribbean. She’ll be ready to go again this fall to destinations of your choosing. The world is your oyster. This is a tested boat.
A Sep 2020 survey is available at your request.
Privateer was purchased in Canada in August 2017, motored through the Oswego and Erie canals to the Hudson, New York, and then north to Newburyport MA. She was on the hard until August of 2019 undergoing a refit and installation of a new mast, boom, etc. ‘New’ refers to work done or materials purchased since acquisition. The new Yanmar motor was installed July-August 2020.
Call today to schedule a showing or go to specs to view the full listing.
Thanks for stopping by to check out this listing!
General: Layout common to Cape George, except there is no forward vee berth. Instead, there is sail & line storage forward, a head on the centerline, a workbench port with a sink, and a hanging locker starboard. Waste tank (18-20 gals) is above the water line to port. Hanging line storage port and starboard – no piles of lines.
Tankage consists of about 55 gals diesel and 160 gals water in 3 tanks, all built-in of fiberglass centered above the keel and below the cabin sole. Fuel consumption about 2 qts/hr @ 1800 RPM.
Bulkheads are glassed to the hull and are sound.
Berths: consists of a single to starboard, a single with pull-out extension to port, and two-quarter berths.
Galley: 3 burner Dickinson stove & oven with a double 8” deep sink and storage starboard with large fridge and freezer port that doubles as a chart table and communications center.
Engine access is reasonable with sound-insulated doors in the cabin and a large Bomar aluminum hatch in cockpit sole for access to the backside of engine and drive train, hot water tank, etc.
Tower added by prior owner to accommodate 4 solar panels, radar, antennas and wind generator (not functional).
Monitor wind vane installed by prior owner and works fine. There are two autopilots, one operates through the Monitor and the other is a heavy-duty tiller pilot. Monitor vane and Pelagic autopilots are produced by Scanmar Marine.
Cabin sheathed in fiberglass and painted. Ports are bronze. Cabin structure is sound and tight.
Skylight varnished teak and tight. Opens like a hatch, either forward or aft.
Engine & Electrical
- New Yanmar 3JH 40 hp diesel and all related parts. New prop, shaft, cutlass bearing, etc.
- New hot water tank powered by engine coolant or shore power.
- Shore power and battery charger. Never used.
- 4 solar panels and related controllers.
- Wind generator doesn’t appear to be working. Should be replaced.
- Dingy is a 1985 red Achilles inflatable with a new (2021) Yamaha 6 hp 4 stroke. The inflatable is old but it still works. Engine is great. New Floor in dinghy 2022
- Prior owner peeled and expoxied below the waterline. No blisters. Hull is fair.
- No bottom paint build-up.
- Bobstay fitting on bow removed, examined for faults and reinstalled. It’s glassed-in.
- New copper lightning grounding plate on the exterior of hull (about 10” x 14”) attached to mast via ¾” bronze bolt and large copper cables.
- Rudder pintle and gudgeons are sound.
- Laid teak deck consisting of ½” ply over deck beams with ¾” teak sprung on top. Fastened with bronze screws to ply and deck beams and bunged.
- Deck recaulked, except cockpit, with Teak Decking System caulk and seams reamed to 3/8” with parting tape at bottom of seam in line current practice.
- Deck is sound, fair and tight.
- Bulwarks replaced spring 2022
- New sampson post. Glue lines were failing on the original. New bowsprit mortised and tenoned into sampson post. Sampson post glued up (resourcinal) white oak with 2 coats of epoxy over and painted.
- Bomar deck hatches removed, sandblasted, powder coated and latch hardware replaced so fully operable. New lens.
- New custom teak propane locker with new propane tanks and Dickinson regulator and valves. New propane lines to stove and Dickinson cabin heater
- New Custom teak boarding ladder with Port Townsend foundry hardware.
Electronics & Navigation
- New Simrad NSS12 EVO 3 12” chartplotter in Navipod in cockpit with NSS9 EVO 3 9” chartplotter at nav station
- New Simrad Halo 20 radar
- New Simrad V3100 SOTDMA AIS/GPS
- 4. New Ray Marine i60 wind and tri data instruments with New masthead.
- NMEA 2000 network with radar overlay. New AIS appears on plotters.
- Rebuilt Richie Navigator steering compass. Looks new to me.
- Existing ICON 802 SSB with Pactor modem. Great for sailmail & Chris Parker weather.
- Existing VHF
- New Iridium GO with an external antenna.
- AIS - Interfaced with the Simrad GPS - Transmit & Recieve
- Interior repainted and varnished, except cabin top.
- New Dickinson LPG Mediterranean 3 burner stove and oven with gas alarm.
- New Dickinson Newport LPG heater with gas alarm.
- New galley sink and countertop.
- Groco head rebuilt, including new bronze pump housing.
- New General Ecology Nature Pure water filter with faucet.
- Custom holding tank (15-18 gals) installed above waterline so no pump required.
- Installed Spectra water maker. Not plumbed to tanks. Used by previous owner extensively. I believe it to be functional if brought into service properly. Water tankage sufficient for Caribbean.
- New custom line hanging racks port and starboard of sail storage. No piles of lines in some locker.
- Cabin fans replaced. You will bless them in the tropics.
- Existing refrigerator and freezer. Simple but effective. Top serves as chart table.
- DHR brass trawler oil lamp.
- Pressure water with spare pump.
Sails & Rigging
- New Selden mast, vang roller fuller and standing rigging from chain plates up.
- New bowsprit (VG Douglas fir), coated with 2 coats of epoxy and painted, custom bronze kranze iron from Port Townsend Foundry. Will accommodate code zero or Asym.
- New LED masthead & bow nav lights, VHF antenna. New LED deck lights.
- Insulated port backstay for SSB antenna. Custom SSB antenna attachment.
- All new (9) Lewmar Ocean series bronze CST winches. Added 2 #50’s for the jib sheets
- New halyards, running backstays, reefing lines, etc.
- Main raised and reefed at mast but mast collar installed so lines could be run aft to cockpit.
- Spinnaker pole ends replaced to accommodate Selden mast.
- New Doyle main for Fall 2021. Yankee jib (roller)and staysail (hank on) are serviceable.
- Storm sails are serviceable.
- A traditional spinnaker in a sock is serviceable.
Safety & Ground Tackle
- New (May 2019) Winslow 4 person Ultra Light Offshore life raft (about 35 lbs). Stows in aft deck locker. 3 year service interval.
- New (2019) ACR EPRIB Global fix Pro 406 with integral GPS Cat II
- New Jordan Series drogue from Ocean Brake with attachment points installed.
- 2 new Spade anchors, a 55 lbs S120 as primary and an aluminum A100 as spare. The A100 comes apart for stowage and is light enough to be handled in a dingy.
- 3 Mustang auto inflate life jackets with harness.
- Usual required safety items.
- Existing 300 ft 5/16 chain and spare nylon rode
- New Iverson Dodger Spring 2022 (re-make off existing pattern)
- New 2021 sun awning with side shades from mast to tower.
- Existing Bimini off dodger to boom gallows
- Mainsail Cover
- Spray Hood
- Genoa Cover
- Staysail Cover
The Company offers the details of this vessel in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information nor warrant the condition of the vessel. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. This vessel is offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice.