|Estado del barco||Usado|
|Clase de oferta||Vela|
|Material del casco||Fibra de vidrio|
|Ubicación de la embarcación||Varazze, Italia|
|Estado de Impuestos||Impuestos pagados|
|Eslora total||12.1 m|
|Eslora en la línea de flotación||10.49 m|
|Calado máximo||2.45 m|
|Calado mín.||2.45 m|
|Tipo de quilla||Aleta|
|Tipo de motor||Interior|
|Marca Motor||Volvo Penta|
|Modelo del Motor||MD2040|
|Tipo de transmisión||Sail Drive|
|Tipo de Propulsor||2 Cuchilla|
|Materiale de propulsor||Bronce|
|Horas de motor||1500|
|Tanques combustible||90 litros (Aluminio)|
|Tanques agua dulce||140 litros (Acero Inoxidable)|
|Forma del casco||Monocasco|
|Capacidad balsa salvavidas||8|
High-spec IMX-40 from 2002 with a good racing electronics and sail package. The ultimate ‘go-faster’ cruising boat, or just perfect for club racing campaigns.
FURTHER BROKER’S COMMENTS:
Launched in 2002, ENERGY is a nice example of this successful Jeppesen design. Configured for fast and enjoyable family cruising and club racing, Energy has been lovingly maintained by her owner and is now only offered for sale to make way for more cruising option.
Her highlights include:-
- Carbon fibre mast and boom
- Carbon fibre helm wheel
- Harken winches including electric halyard winch
- B&G instruments including 20/20’s at mast and chart plotter at chart table
- B&G Forward facing viewer
- Up to 10-berths in 3 cabins including saloon and fold-out pipecots in twin aft double cabins
- New seacocks 2017
- Interior refitted in 2022
- New Teknosail Gennaker – 2022
- New Teknosail Genoa- 2022
- New Ais
Now keenly for sale as her owner is ready for fresh projects.
With the X-412, X-442 and similar models selling in high numbers, the development department found time to maintain the X-Yachts’ reputation in the world of racing. The IMX 40 was introduced as an IMS winner, sporting a carbon mast, boom and wheel as standard and introducing the ‘magic wheel’ backstay adjuster. The design won the European Championship as well as forming two-thirds of the Spanish team that won the Sardinia Cup.
Production Years: 2000 — 2004 Number Built: 88
“This is the fourth Niels Jeppesen-designed X-Yacht we’ve sailed in the past few years. Based on those experiences and the design brief that called for an "IMS cruiser/racer," we thought we had a handle on what to expect. We figured it would have the galvanized steel grid support glassed into all X-Yachts, which makes them strong and stiff--check. A fast hull form--check again…
…From the dock, the first thing we noticed was the IMX 40s 4.5-foot freeboard. The bow is nearly plumb, the entry fine, and the knuckle sits just out of the water. The cabin top is low and unobtrusive, partly because of the high freeboard. The carbon spars are built by Nordic and painted white, and there’s discontinuous rod rigging and three swept-back spreaders on the runnerless fractional rig.
For the benefit of the hiking crew, there’s a nicely rounded hull-deck joint and the toe rails run no farther aft than the chainplates. The stern is open to the 66-inch carbon-fiber wheel, and a transom locker can be installed for cruising storage and seating, or left behind as a dock box when racing…
…An underdeck split-mainsheet system leads just forward of the wheel. There’s an ingenious and effective internal backstay system: a 4-to-1 cascade leads below deck to a 15-to-1 drum that provides 60-to-1 power with a single control line emerging on deck on a swivel cam in front of the wheel--a good position for the main trimmer to reach.
With a crew of five onboard we fired up the three-cylinder Volvo diesel to motor out from the East Greenwich YC before hoisting a full main and blade. The optional roller furler was still attached, making the headstay tension slightly soft, but nontheless, we sped upwind at 7.5 knots. The boat is stiff and was barely affected by the wind-driven chop. The high freeboard kept the leeward rail out of the water even though we were sailing with 20 degrees of heel. With a full race crew on the rail and proper headstay tension, this boat would be a rocket in anything over 10 knots…
…The sightlines on the boat are excellent and the wheel height was good for my 5’10" size. The footchocks were well placed, and the helm sensitive—it’s an easy boat to keep in the groove… In the right hands, whether your shorthanded for a weekend trip or racing in a blow, it’ll get you where you’re going quickly.”
Sailing World – August 2002
- Our understanding is that the yacht is compliant with the EU’s Recreational Craft Directive and is categorised ‘A’.
- White GRP hull laminated in vinylester resin, vacuum-bagged with a foam-cored sandwich construction.
- Solid laminate around deck fittings with embedded alloy plate
- Solid laminate at all through-hull fittings, keel frame and rudder fittings
- Galvanised steel matrix transferring rig and keel loads
- Hull sanded and sand-blasted with new epoxy and antifoul applied - 2018
Deck & Superstructure Construction:
- GRP deck laminated in vinylester resin, vacuum-bagged with a sandwich construction.
- Exposed deck surfaces finished in white gelcoat and non-slip finish
- GRP non-slip, cockpit sole and seating and bathing platform.
Keel & Rudder:
- Ballast fin keel with iron fin and lead bulb
- Carbon fibre rudder blade with composite rudder stock
Engine & gearbox:
- Volvo MD-2040 3-cylinder naturally aspirated diesel engine producing 40hp
- Fresh water engine cooling via raw water intake and heat exchanger
- Single lever gear/throttle control
- Saildrive gearbox
Service & Maintenance:
- Date of last engine service – Summer 2022
- Heat exchanger and exhaust serviced 2019
- Engine room insulation rebuilt in 2017
- Approx. display does not work anymore, last 1,500 summer 2019
Propulsion & Steering:
- Jefa wheel steering with large diameter carbon-fibre helm wheel
- 2-bladed folding propeller for racing
- 12vDC primary domestic system with 12vDC starting circuit and 220v AC via shorepower
- 1x 12vDC 70 Amp engine start battery
- 2x 12vDC 95 Amp service batteries – 2021
- 12/220v automatic battery charger
- 12vDC engine-mounted alternator
PLUMBING & GAS SYSTEMS
- Pressurised hot and cold water supplied via 12vDC pressure pump
- Hot & cold pressurised water to galley, heads and shower.
- 1x 12vDC electric bilge pump with manual override control
- 1x manual bilge pump.
- 90 litres aluminium fuel tank
- 145 litres stainless steel fresh water tank
NAVIGATION & COMMUNICATION EQUIPMENT
- Raymarine autopilot
- B&G Triton Autopilot controlloler
- B&G Vulcan 5 GPS Chartplotter – 2017
- 2x B&G Triton displays adjacent to companionway
- 2x Contest steering compasses
- 3x B&G 20/20 displays at mast
- B&G Forward facing viewer from
At Chart Table:
- B&G Vulcan 7 GPS Chartplotter – 2017
- Lorenz Colour Chartplotter
- B&G VHF with DSC – 2022
- Gimballed gas stove with two burners and oven
- Sink with hot & cold water supplies
- Jabsco manual marine heads
- Hot & cold pressurised water supply with shower
- CD radio with speakers
Summary of Accommodation:
- The interior layout has a double berth in the forepeak plus a large hangling locker.
- Interiors have been refitted in 2021 with a brand new wrapping cover and cabinets for cruising
- The single heads with shower is located aft with door access to the saloon, new teak floor.
- The main cabin offers a practical solution to the cruising with a large full-length settees to port and starboard with a central table complete with folding leaves. Outboard to port and starboard are stowage lockers and shelves.
- Aft of the saloon area to port is a forward-facing chart table with seat.
- Opposite the chart table to starboard is a L-shaped galley with sink, stove and top-opening refrigerator.
- Aft are two mirrored double cabins with hanging lockers and removable pipe-cots
- Nordic Masts 3-spreader white-painted carbon fibre mast
- Nordic Masts white-painted carbon fibre boom
- Stainless steel rod standing rigging and three spreaders
- Backstay Dynema sk 78 - 2016
- Harken genoa furler
- Tuff-luff for racing
- Rod vang
- German mainsheet system with full width cockpit track and dedicated cockpit winches
- Low-friction batten-car track on mast with Frederiksen ball-bearing sliders
- Towable genoa tracks
- Carbon fibre spinnaker pole track on mast
- 2x Harken 3 speed Top-Cleating Racing Winch
- 2x Harken 2-speed self-tailing mainsheet/spinnaker winches
- 2x Harken 44ST 2-speed self-tailing halyard winch at companionway
- 2x Carbon fibre full batten main
- 1x Cruising taffeta genoa
- 2x 0,75 Spinnaker
- 1x 0,50 Spinnaker
- Storm jib
- Storm main
- Racing sails
- Teknosail Gennaker – 2022
- Teknosail genoa- 2022
- Removable transom seat with locker stowage (creates an open cockpit when removed)
- Hot and cold shower in the cockpit
- Bathing ladder
Anchoring & Mooring:
- Lofrans 12vDC electric anchor windlass
- Stainless steel anchor with 70m of chain
Covers, Cushions & Canvas:
- Mainsail cover
General note on safety equipment: Any safety equipment such as liferafts, Epirbs, fire extinguishers and flares etc. are usually personal to the current owner(s) and if being left on-board as part of the sale of a used vessel may require routine servicing, replacement, or changing to meet a new owners specific needs.
- 8-man liferaft
- AIS – 2021
Grabau International (Italia) offers the details of all vessels in good faith but cannot guarantee or warrant the accuracy of this information or warranty the condition of any vessel and the details do not constitute a part of any contract. A buyer should instruct his agents, or his surveyors, to investigate such details as the buyer desires validated. All vessels are offered subject to prior sale, price change, or withdrawal without notice. Grabau International (Italia) provides professional yacht conveyancing and legal transfer of title for all yachts as per the ABYA Code of Practice with all deposit payments and final balance payments processed through secure dedicated client accounts solely for that purpose. Dedicated client accounts provided by stakeholder Grabau International Limited are written in trust at Natwest Bank and we are fully insured.